Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Similar thinking

Eli Manning said something interesting the other day and credited it to his brother Peyton. Eli, quarterback for the Super Bowl winning New York Giants, said his brother told him before the Big Game that it was better to go into the last few seconds of the game down by four points than three points because it made you fight harder knowing you had to go for the touchdown to win instead of a possible field goal for a tie. Maybe it is that type of thinking that makes a great quarterback: very "Type A", "left-brained", "all or nothing".

Some conservatives are saying or at least implying that John McCain winning the Presidency would be the worst-case scenario for the United States in the long run. The thinking is that if the country goes to hell on a sled it would be better that it happen on the Dems watch and not ours and then the nation would wake up in four years and elect a real conservative to drive down the field the rest of the way. If that happens, one has to hope that the game is not too far over to win.

***Update***

Dr. James Dobson was on the Glenn Beck Show this morning.

GLENN: Okay. Can you vote for John McCain?

DR. DOBSON: No. No, I can't. And people are livid about that and I understand it. I mean, I have always voted. Ever since I've been an adult I've voted. But this time, I'm telling you I'm backed up against a wall.

He specifically said he would vote for the other positions on the ballot but not for the Presidency. Does he really think not voting at all is the best way?

1 comment:

Don Dodson said...

I don't like McCain much at all, but she is FAR better than Hillary. If McCain is the nominee, I'll fight like mad to get him elected.