Thursday, November 03, 2011

I don't miss that.


Every so often I miss my wife (no jokes about my aiming getting better here). I really do...sometimes. You know, sometimes I have something funny happen and wish I had somebody handy to tell or sometimes I just need to vent, although she was never much of a listener in times like that. Her day was always worse than mine. Whatever.

Lately, though, I have counted my blessings a couple of times. I was walking through the Walmarts the other day with a married couple walking behind me about the same speed. I never turned around to see them but I knew the expression on the guy's face. His wife was droning on and on and on about some lady at work doing something and how she shouldn't have done it and that this woman told another woman and that woman didn't think she should but when they told Betty in Accounting...Oh, shut up!!!

I thought my head was going to explode as I remembered all the stories just like that I had heard and thought about all the hours of my life wasted listening to what sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher after a while. Whah, whah, whah. Whah whah. I wanted to turn around and tell her that just because her husband was saying, "Yes, dear. Yes, dear" didn't mean he was listening but I wouldn't do that to such a poor soul as him.

The great blogger Chupacabra has a post here about 8 words women use and what they really mean. I can't help but think this world would be a better place if when a woman said, "Nothing" when asked what was wrong, the man should just say, "Oh good. I thought you were going to whine about something meaningless again" and then go play golf.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Or go shoot skeet...