Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm not there yet...
















But I will be soon. Sometimes a man just needs to get away. I work hard. I've earned it and even my boss can't stop me. I told my parents the other night that I was going to Yellowstone Park and on up into Canada riding my motorcycle by myself and they just looked crestfallen. They know they can't do anything to change my mind and now it's all I think about on those rare occasions when my mind can go where it wants. It always goes north. You know what I want to see most? Sunrise. I promise to come back with the picture of a sunrise. You will know that's why I went when you see it. More info to come.





8 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I would go to see the bison and the moose, eh.

Wish I had a motorized 2-wheeler, but not sure I'd be up to 4000 miles in the saddle. Guess you've spent the past five years building up to this.

Don Dodson said...

Yosemite is that direction?

todd said...

No, but Yellowstone is and I got the pics from their website.

Anonymous said...

Yosemite has Sam. Does Yellowstone have a mascot?

Don Dodson said...

We went to Yellowstone two years ago. It is amazing. Talk to me about your plans. You've got to ride the Beartooth Highway. It was stunning in a car. On a bike it would be breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Todd indicated to me his plans may include coming into contact with bear tooth...

Man vs. wild!

Don Dodson said...

You are going to take along a Blackberry and finish the saga of Marilyn and Teddy, right?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Grasshopper. But perhaps the story of Marilyn and Teddy is not so much a saga as an enigma.

- Fake Kwai Chang Caine