Saturday, September 29, 2007

woo hoo

I know what you are thinking: "Gee, he doesn't look a day over 55!"

Even with the Ambien, I couldn't sleep. I have too much on my mind. Yes, it's my birthday but that's not really what is keeping me awake. Without going into great detail, I have found out lately that, as my doctor says, I'm just falling apart physically, and as my wife says, mentally. I'm just here trying to hang on spiritually! That is what is dogging my sleep.

I have had thoughts all week about different things that, on the surface, do not relate but I lay there this morning trying to go back to sleep but realizing they all fit together. Romans 12:1 says to present your bodies a living sacrifice. How does the music I listen to affect me? What is the best way to prevent my kids from making the same mistakes I did? David was running toward Goliath when he reached into his bag and took out a smooth stone and loaded his slingshot. What will heaven be like?

You try going to sleep with all that running through your head! I'm gonna take another Ambien! Wake me up when there is cake!

No comments: