Thursday, September 20, 2007

What you need to know about me...

I shared with some friends the other day something of which I now think this audience should be aware. I shared a fact that I believe is important to knowing the "real" me. In the interest of complete disclosure, and so you can decide if anything else I write is worth reading based on your knowledge of my character, I want to reveal something here.

Ok, it's not really that big of a deal. It's just that I really enjoy milk! I'm not talking about enjoying milk in my cereal or in a cup of coffee, I mean I love to drink milk and I drink a lot of it! There is nothing better in this world than a cold glass of milk. It's good with breakfast, lunch and dinner and it's good for or with a snack. I love milk even when I go out to eat. Milk goes well with steak, hamburgers, chicken, not the greatest with pizza or tacos but good with french fries.

Something I will admit to that I am not very proud of is the fact that I sometimes drink milk right from the jug. It's hard to tell your kids not to drink from the jug when your lips are on the rim of the gallon container but it's hard not to do it! It satisfies like no other drink. I was taking a long swig of delicious milk the other day and had my mouth full so I set the jug down and my wife was looking at me. "You didn't make your noise", she said. I didn't understand. "What noise?" She said, "That noise you always make when you drink milk...You know...MMMMMMMMMM".

You are going to think I'm crazy when I tell you that I was drinking some milk the other day and was enjoying it so much it was almost a religious experience. Seriously! I had the jug tilted back with that smooth, white nectar flowing down my throat and I thought how much milk is like God. Now don't stone me before you hear me out. Milk is so satisfying. Have you ever been with God and left feeling satisfied? Have you ever realized that you needed to be filled with and filled up by God? It is scientifically proven that people who believe in God live longer than people who do not. God is good for you like milk! The slogan should be "Got God?".

I was hesitant to tell my comparison of God and milk until I read something in the Bible to back it up. Yes, it's true, and it's not a joke. Read Isaiah 55:1 and 2 where it says:

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.


"Come buy milk" it says, and you will be satisfied! Milk is being compared here to God and I love it! God really is good all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd, I like milk too, but am perhaps not quite so enthusiastic as you. Nonetheless, the supporting scripture will ease the pain of paying $3.50 a gallon for the "white nectar".

Unknown said...

I can totally identify with you. I can turn up a gallon and not stop for air until a quarter of it is gone. I go through about a gallon every 2 days. Cows... one of God's best inventions.