Thursday, February 06, 2014

Prop me up behind the pulpit when I die. (Not a country song...yet)

You know...I like it. At first I thought it was outrageous but the more I think about it the more I think it might be a good idea. Evidently a young man in Puerto Rico was shot and killed on the streets of San Juan where he lived. His family knew his greatest love was boxing and that's how they wanted to remember him so they just propped his dead body up in the corner of the ring and had their last pictures made with him. See it here. Now, for me, I think I can make this work. Even after I die, I can still work (as opposed to the boxer, who with a record of 5-15 was probably going to die in the ring anyway). All you have to do is prop me up in the pulpit and play a recording of one of my sermons. Nobody ever comes down the aisle at the invitation anyway so I don't have to move. And most folks won't know the difference. In fact, when it's over just move my corpse to the front door with my hand sticking out and let people walk by and shake it and tell me nice things as they go home. I can see my tombstone now: Todd Blair 1967 - 2014 Pastor of Christ Fellowship 2012 - 2019

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Well, if it comes to that, Dew and I will pitch in a soap box or orange crate so the former you can see over the podium.

2014-2019

Do you really think your dry bones will have a five year shelf deathlife?