Friday, December 14, 2012

Now what?

Every Friday I try to send an email to our church family and close friends. Today, just before I sat down to do so, I heard on the news about the shooting tragedy in Connecticut. Now, so much of what I had intended to write is just not as important. Now, all the plans for Christmas and Sunday preparation that will still go on, just don't matter as much as they did just a little while ago. Along with the president and most of the rest of the country, I cry for the families involved directly and indirectly. I can't comprehend what kind of insanity would invade a person and cause him to do such a thing. The question I am left with is, "Now what?" Now what do we do as we see our country go over not just a fiscal cliff but a moral cliff as well? Now what do we do to protect ourselves? Now what do we tell our kids and grandkids? Now what is going to happen next? I don't have all the answers to all those questions but as I wonder how many other people we pass by every day that are bordering on that same kind of insanity, I do know that now is the time to share the "light and glory" (Luke 2:32) of our Lord Jesus to everyone we meet. This is a nasty old world and it is not going to get better until Jesus rips open the sky and comes with a trumpet sound and a loud voice to come get us (I Thess. 4:13-18). The answer is not more or less guns. It's not better laws or safer schools. The answer is Jesus. So, now what do we do? Hug your kids. Love on your neighbor. Speak Jesus. Speak Jesus. I love you all. Todd

No comments: