Tuesday, April 10, 2012

To Glock or not to Glock?

At Cabela's tonight:
Me: I want the best pistol for the money.
Friendly Employee: How about the Glock? I have 5 of them.
Me: Why do you go with Glocks?
FE: I don't just go with Glocks. I have about 40 pistols but the Glock is the best pistol for the money.

So, I'm asking for your opinion. I feel the need for something concealable but with stopping power. I'm thinking the Glock 23 in .40 would serve the purpose and they retail for about $550. (Not that I would buy retail. I don't trust the gubmint to have my name on a piece of paper saying I have a gun.)

What do y'all recommend? I have a budget but also want a good gun when the end of the world as we know it comes.

8 comments:

an Donalbane said...

You probably already know my opinion on that - Glocks are fine tools, and highly respected among many LEO armorers.

But they have no soul.


BTW, what's a guage? Isn't that where you park your car?

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
todd said...

So, what do you recommend DR? And yes, I modified the post. And you only have to say it once.

Anonymous said...

What kind of gun you get is less important than what you wants to use it for. Do you stopping power? Do you want to target shoot? Are you gonna carry it in the small of you back next to your butterfly tattoo?

Things you need to think about!


Dew

todd said...

It needs to be concealable but with enough stopping power for rogue 1/2 Mexicans and Zombies.

Anonymous said...

Your preparing for fictional villians from movies and TV?!?!?!

There are no 1/2 Mexicans!!!!!


Dew

todd said...

Right, Dew...

an Donalbane said...

I think you're on the right track with the .40 - what about one like you had, either in that cal or .45 - also, the Springfield XD series (I think the latest incarnation is XDS) comes in both of those calibers.

Should you choose the bigger bore, I'd stick with the 185-200 grain ammo to offset the velocity drop of the shorter barrels. Hornady has Critical Defense and Zombie Max, and Federal has some new defense loads with some kind of squishy polymer taking the place of the cavity/post that was in the HydraShoks.

Dew, with all the racial tension associated with that Florida fellow, I hope you have the Buntline Special stoked with some StarFires or Black Talons - just in case the hooligans start targeting the half-Mexicans.