Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Unintended irony


"With all due respect we don't need God on our sidelines." - Terrell Suggs

With all due respect? I don't know who Suggs is but evidently he was bashing Tim Tebow, who I only know because he has made the news for stuff besides football.

Speaking of Tebow, am I the only one who thinks it's a slam to "do the Tebow"? To get down on one knee and pretend to be praying sounds to me like you are making fun of the guy. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. What do you think? Anyway, it's all just one more reason not to watch that stuff on TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to remember any other athlete who has consistently showed the importance of Christ in his life...while shouldering the constant abuse of his peers,fans and the media. I pray that he will continue to be a "fool for Christ" and a remarkable role model for those of us who are so much weaker in the faith.

Anonymous said...

After today's playoff game, Sugg's should now realize that God is very much alive and well in Denver...even if He wasn't smiling on my beloved Steelers.